Tomorrow's Leaders Starting Out (ToLSO)
APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED
Please be aware that this grant is not intended for businesses.
This is not a business grant but is specifically designated for community-based projects.
The deadline to apply for Tomorrow's Leaders Starting Out (ToLSO) Microgrant project is January 20, at 11:59 pm EST.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Starting Out (ToLSO) is a transformative project delivered by Nigerian Canadians for Cultural, Educational & Economic Progress (NCCEEP). It is funded by the Employment and Social Development Canada under the Canada Service Corps Program, Microgrant Stream. Our mission is to empower young participants aged 15-30 to create action-based projects that make a lasting difference in their communities. Through ToLSO, we provide microgrants of up to $5,000 each, enabling participants to turn their ideas into reality.
- Building an inclusive Canada
- Preserving the environment through education and activities
- Promoting civic and demographic engagement
- Strengthening youth resilience through culturally themed programming, and connecting with youth of all backgrounds nationwide.
- Receive up to $5,000 with one of our microgrants.
- Access mentoring, virtual service opportunities, transportation, and mental health support.
- Find specialized resources and arrangements for persons with disabilities.
- Develop essential skills like leadership, problem-solving, cultural sensitivity, and financial literacy.
- Foster connections with youth from diverse backgrounds.
Develop youth who will become exceptional leaders in the future. By joining ToLSO, participants become part of a vibrant community dedicated to shaping a brighter and more inclusive future for all.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents or refugees between the ages of 15 to 30.
- Applicants must commit to attending support workshops provided by ToLSO during the project timeline.
- Individual youths or groups of youths are eligible to apply.
- The lead applicant (project coordinator) must be between the ages of 15 to 30 at the time of the application.
- The proposed project must be implemented in Canada.
- The project must be completed within 16 weeks.